Barks font without Danish/Norwegian special characters

Georges Helm geohelm at pt.lu
Fri Jan 17 21:15:27 CET 2003

From: "Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr." <sigvald at duckburg.dk>

> However this
> font does not include the Danish/Norwegian
> special characters. This leads me to wonder if
> the D.O.N.A.L.D. club is chauvinistic, or if they
> just are a bit little informed?

The Font offered by the GERMAN D.O.N.A.L.D. organization offers
a GERMAN font.
The font does not include special Luxembourgish characters as well,
nor does it include French, Spanish, Greek, Cyrillic and more country
specific characters.
Although there are friends of Carl Barks in Luxembourg, Spain, Greece,
Russia a.s.o.

>Don't they know
> that Barks are popular in other Nordic countries
> than Sweden and Finland? Or don't they know about
> the very existence of the Danish/Norwegian
> special characters?
>
> Whatever the reason for the lacking Danish/
> Norwegian special characters I think that
> Donaldists should co-operate over national and
> cultural borders. I am thus sure that the Danish
> Donaldist Society kindly will offer any help
> possible if our German counterparts as a friendly
> act decides to include the three extra characters
> in that font.

What about the other countries' characters, Sigvald?
I wonder whether you are a little bit chauvinistic or not informed.

Georges