Disney as Christmas traditions

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon Jan 20 20:36:27 CET 2003

Michael Schartau wrote:

> Every Christmas Eve at 15:00 there is a
> special Disney show inkluding "Clown of
> the jungle" on the TV. The same show every
> Christmas. And this is an importand tradition
> for most (grown up) people in Sweden.
> Cristmas Eve is the most important day in
> the Christmas celebration familyvise.
> Familydinner at 13:00, Disney show at 15:00
> and then the gifts.

I Norway we have similar traditions too -
or to be correctly - we had. In 2002 the
usual "Donald Duck og vennene hans" was
replaced by an obscure(*) Goofy film. In this
film both Goofy and Black Pete (who was a
non-criminal) had sons, but there wasn't
shown any wifes/mothers.

I can believe that Pete could get a son
sometime since his girlfriend Trudy allready
has been introduced. But I can't see how he
could quit being criminal.

And when it comes to Goofy I find it very
strange that he can have a son without
being involved with a woman. IMO such logical
flaws reduces to quality of the film.

(*) I say obscure because this film was very
far away from the well-known Gottfredson/Murry/
Tello universe.

Sigvald - who wants the traditional
Disney Christmas film back!