DuckTales

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Sat Jan 25 19:37:27 CET 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> Since "DuckTales" vs Barks has lately been
> brought up as a subject here I might add that
> Don Rosa once did the plot for one single
> DuckTales story: "Back in Time for a Dime!".
> That might indicate that Don Rosa found
> DuckTales at least a little bit interesting.

No, this indicates that his employer ordered him to write a DuckTales
story.

> For some strange reason that story seems to
> have been published only once - in an American
> DuckTales magazine from the spring of 1990.

Probably because it's so bad -- no strange reason.

> The publisher didn't even bother to give it a
> story code.

Reference?

> So in order to make it possible to
> register that story in the INDUCKS/COA database
> mr. Harry Fluks had to create a code hiself:
> K DTM90i.

No, that code was invented because no official code is know.  This
doesn't automatically mean that there is no official code.

> I know that several DuckTales stories has been
> published by Egmont, but for some reason
> Egmont hasn't published "Back in Time for a
> Dime!" - do anyone here know why?

Possibly because of the low quality of the story and possibly also
because it's difficult to obtain studio stories from Disney.

Stefan