New version of the "Carl-Barks-Font"

Thorsten Bremer lists-read at thoddi.de
Wed Jan 29 19:30:30 CET 2003

Hello,

I was informed by Thomas Lauritsen that "our" Barks-Font was part of
the discussion here some days ago.
Yes, we are a german fan-club and so there were only german chars
included in the font. But meanwhile Thomas created an expanded version
of the font. It's now including:

- Latin letters and numbers A-Z, a-z, and 0-9
- Latin letters accented with:
     grave, acute, tilde, dieresis/umlaut, circumflex, cedilla,
     caron, macron, breve, dot, ring, ogonek, Hungarian umlaut
- Greek letters Alpha-Omega, alpha-omega
- Greek letters accented with:
     tonos, dieresis & tonos, anoteleia
- Various punctuation marks
- Various special characters and signs, incl. the euro symbol
- Kerning enabled

The font is available at http://www.donald.org/de/barks/font/. The
page is still in german only, for those who didn't understand it, here
are the direct links:

Windows: http://www.donald.org/de/barks/font/CarlBarksScript2.zip
Mac: http://www.donald.org/de/barks/font/CarlBarksScript2.sit

The fonts are only tested with Windows, because Thomas and me didn't
own a Mac. If a Mac-User finds an error in the font, please inform me.

The licence of the font:
Because I don't know who made the "original" font, I think I can say,
that the Version 2 of the Barks-Font is available as Freeware. Enjoy
it :-)

--
Bis denne,                 <° ><
           Thoddi