Jippes about Barks and Rosa in 1987

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Jul 10 13:06:48 CEST 2003

I recently got a German SPRECHBLASE from 1988 with an interview with Daan Jippes (by Carsten Laqua).
There are some interesting things in there that I didn't know yet.

The following bits are retranslated to English (the original interview was in English, the published text is German).

Daan Jippes about Carl Barks:

"Barks is a very private person. When he can choose, he prefers to work alone at home, year after year, without meeting anyone. That is his personality. The story goes that he, when he worked for the studios in the 30s, was very retiring. He never went to other people to sit and have a talk."

Daan Jippes about Don Rosa:

"A good artist - very dynamic, many big panels, really exciting stuff!"

Note that the interview was held in 1987, when Rosa had just started making Disney comic stories.

--Harry.