Disney Treasures

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 12 19:27:25 CEST 2003

Hello everyone!

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/index.cgi?page=News&id=4773
lists the next batch of  Walt Disney Treasures DVD's:
- The Chronological Donald Duck (at last! odd title)
- Mickey Mouse in Living Color Volume 2 (fine!)
- Walt Disney on the Front Lines (wartime productions; surely interesting;
an intriguing decision too as I doubt it will sell as well as the cartoons)
- Walt Disney's Tomorrowland (Disneyland shows on space exploration)

The chances of  their mentioning Barks at one point are certainly nil, but
maybe in the features we will catch a glimpse of  him among the artists.
I hope there will be something on Clarence Nash.

Fabio:

Even better if  they return the compliment! ;)

Sigvald (only word on the subject-- and it's a friendly word of  advice):
>>>at least that market says that Don Rosa is more important than this Walt
Kelly...

You're missing a lot by not doing a little research on "this Walt Kelly".
Kelly was quite a comic genius-- and that's no hyperbole. His "Pogo" strips
& comics easily rank among the very finest comic work, and you needn't even
know hundreds of  others strips to judge. He didn't merely draw cute
characters; his sense of  and very apt use of  absrudity as well as his
masterful use of  language made for absolutely hilarious strips, and were
further strenghthened by witty satire. In short: absolutely incredibobble.
You can surely find a couple of  sites & strips on the Web; hare are a few
(I haven't visited them for a while, though):
http://www.bpib.com/kelly.htm
http://members.tripod.de/Bazonga/
http://www.fantagraphics.com/classic/pogo/pogo.html

Best wishes,