Gemstone's mix (practically off-topic: An apology)

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Mon Jul 28 18:32:53 CEST 2003

Rumour says that in my last mail I didn't make it clear enough that I was
being ironic. Well, I was. I didn't mean a word of what I said.

I apologize for not making that obvious enough.

I assumed my letter was so STUPID that everybody could see nobody could mean
this seriously...
-- I said that ALL Disney comics FOREVER should contain ONLY Rosa/Barks.
-- I "assumed" that practically everybody else ment the same as "I" did.
-- I placed our everyday Mickey Mouse comics in the same booth as Disney
Babies.
-- I made up a probably non-existing majority.
-- I claimed that Don Rosa is a god amongst comics creators (even ALL comics
creators, not even Disney only).
-- The ONLY reason I said Barks was good, was that Don Rosa based all his
stuff on him, so he couldn't be THAT bad.
-- As an example that one should always listen to the majority, I linked to
an article stating the exact opposite.
-- I was 100% sure there was market for an own wolf magazine in the USA.
-- I said that EVERYTHING not written by Barks or Rosa is boring and not
worth reading.
-- I called Carl Barks "that guy Barks".
-- I mentioned Van Horn and several others as "unknown amateurs".
-- I put an equal sign between Gemstone and Disney and suggested that
Gemstone should fire Egmont and Mandadori artists.
-- I said that nobody should ever be given a chance in making new Disney
comics because they couldn't be as good as Rosa anyway - but in the same
sentence I was saying that Don Rosa should not have gotten a chance sixteen
years ago. I thought I was obvious about that when saying "some engineer
from Kentucky or something".
-- I used myself and Fabio Blanco as examples of Gemstone's target group.
Neither of us are unitedstatesians.
-- Did anyone recognize the verse from my signature? It was the chorus from
Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic".

Sorry for confusing.

Olaf the Black