J.D.Rockerduck

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 12:33:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

While we are at it: I have always wondered why German Donaldists are so
reluctant to see Rockerduck (Klaas Klever in Germany) as a Barks creation.
Instead I always read something like "Klaas Klever is based on / inspired by
the guy in WDC 255" or "Scrooge's rival in WDC 255 is the role model for
Klaas Klever", etc.  Why? Is it because, in Germany, he has a different name
in the Barks story (Emil Erpel), or because of the thick hair (might be a
toupee, of course), the only difference I'm able to spot?

BTW, what did he look like in the first Italian stories he appeared in? Same
hairstyle as in the Barks story? Out of memory, the first was drawn by
Bordini, and the second and third by Scarpa... Any scans available online of
his first Italian appearances?

Cheers,
Frank