Some friendly comments

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Mon Jun 9 02:22:39 CEST 2003

From: "Sigvald_Grøsfjeld_jr." <sigvald at duckburg.dk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 19:36:46 +0100

> 3)
> Donald Duck's FIRST APPEARANCE in a movie was in "The wise little hen"
> which had its premiere on June 9th 1934 – a date later *defined* as
> Donald's birthday.

My girlfriend (who works at Disney World) tells me that Disney is now "undefining" the movie premiere as the character's birthday.  For example, this year is 75 years since the premire of Mickey's first (released) short, "Steamboat Willie".  And all the promotional material in Disney World is refering to this year as the 75th anniversary of Micky's first appearence (NOT as Mickey's 75th birthday).

Why are they doing this?  Because 75 is OLD!  Disney does not want kids thinking of Mickey as a 75-year-old "man."

Shad Z.                      ^Q^
(ShadZ at rocketmail.com,ShadZ at email.com,Jackalope7 at go.com)
            http://shadz.homestead.com/files/
HONK TO SEE PUPPIES