Firebug replacement panels (was RE: Changes on Barks's "Ghost of Firebu g")

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Wed Jun 11 15:40:37 CEST 2003

	Hey Joakim and Daniel,

>> I agree with David. The last panels doesn't look like Buettner at
>> all. Probably done by another staffer.
>> Was Chase Craig on staff then? Hs was an artist also.

	Chase was on staff from 1941 on. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which
stories he drew, so I can't recognize his style for certain. If he's the guy
I *think* he is, though, then he drew the ugliest Bugs Bunny stories ever
(that's not a statement I make lightly!), and could not have drawn anything
as goodlooking as the last "Firebug" panels.

>As was Thompson.

	Do you mean Riley Thompson?

>For example, today on DCML, Eta Beta mentioned that Tom McKimson is a
>likely candidate.

	The "Firebug" style looks nothing like McKimson's work (and I've
read dozens of Tom's Bugs Bunnies). In truth, this is a case where I can
with confidence say that Barks is almost certainly wrong, for I don't think
Buettner or McKimson drew the panels.

	David