Don Rosa Ducks & (Film) Music

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 25 20:44:04 CEST 2003

Hello everybody!

To Mr Don Rosa:

I've been wanting to ask you this question since I received one of  FSM's latest score (about two weeks ago)s: Miklos Rozsa's "Green Fire"-- a gorgeous, dazzling adventure score.
Knowing you preference for "Golden Age" composers, I guess you (would) like this score. Somehow, I also felt it was the kind of  score that would become one of  your more exotic Scrooge / Donald adventures-- "Treasure of  the Ten Avatars" for instance, if  not thematically, at least stylistically.
(You will find tracks-- not just clips, *entire* tracks-- from the album on FSM's site:
  http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/
 https://secure.filmscoremonthly.com/store/detailCD.asp?ID=259    )

I also remember your reference to "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" in the notes to Part 10 of  L&T (regarding the death of  Scrooge's father).
"Lydia the Tatooed Lady" (I've found the mp3 file, by the way) is quoted as a running gag in "Treasury of  Croesus". I remember also a classic piece of  music (by Sibelius, I guess) quoted in the Khalevala story.

I'm pretty sure there are other such instances when you (and fellow members of  the list) thought of  / listened to  a specific score while you were writing, drawing, or reading a duck story. Could you tell us about such associations, please?

Best wishes,

Olivier