Need help with German Lo$

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Jun 27 18:56:15 CEST 2003

Say, are there any German Duckfans on here? Any that are willing to help me
out?
Ehapa (Germany) is planning a special presentation of my "Life of $crooge
series... they are the only major Egmont company that did not go along with
the Lo$ hardback of some years back, and they plan one now, an expanded
edition including all of the extra chapters as well.
What I need to be able to tell them is where the original German printings
of those stories contained alterations of my original scripts. I have always
been told in those days that the German editions of my stories were the most
inaccurate, and I fear that all the dates in my Lo$ were changed or omitted
and all of the names of actual people and places were changed to goofy names
for kiddies and other elements may have been altered. Now Egmont/Ehapa has
agreed to allow me to have more editorial control over how my work is
presented, which would include guaranteeing that all presentations of my
scripts are accurate, but I need help in this regard since Ehapa will
probably reuse the same German scripts they used previously.
All I can know for sure is that the accurate version was printed by
Gladstone (since those are the ones I can read, and I supplied them with the
original scripts directly). Is it at all possible that anyone here can do
some comparisons between the German version (in the weekly or the Rosa
albums) and the Gladstone version, at least where names and dates are
mentioned? It would be a big help. Maybe I could get a free copy of the book
for whoever can help.