Panchito

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat Jun 28 17:40:28 CEST 2003

RICH BELLACERA to me, 27-06-2003:

> Except for the recent Rosa story featuring Panchito, I wonder if he
> will return to obscurity again?  This would be sad since Panchito is
> such a great character!

In The Netherlands, Panchito has often been used for short stories.
Frank Jonker is a Dutch writer who regularly uses Panchito (and his
horse Señor Martinez).

One of my all-time favourites is a two-pager about a Gekkengrot
("Grotto of Insanity"), drawn by the Comicup Studio (H 20047). This
grotto contains strange sign language on one of its walls. Anyone who
tries to decipher it, gets insane. This makes the mystery even bigger.
One day, Panchito comes by and he tries to solve the mystery.

Frank Jonker also writes short stories about (for example) Jose Carioca,
The Big Bad Wolf, Brer Rabbit.

--- Daniël