comic stores in Finland ?

Ari Seppi ari.seppi at iki.fi
Sat Jun 28 23:31:04 CEST 2003

Arthur:
>My wife and I are going to Finland for a week in September to visit friends
>who have recently moved to Oulu. We will be in Oulu and Helsinki for a few
>days. Can someone tell me about some nice places in these two cities to look
>for Disney comics?

Welcome. A pity that you are not coming to Tampere where I could
show you some good places. I only have very limited experience
on buying comics from Helsinki and not at all experience about
Oulu. Anyway, it depends on what you want to get: new issues
of Aku Ankka and Aku Ankan taskukirja can be found from almost
anywhere. Other publications are a bit harder to come by - but only
a bit, varying selections of titles are sold in most kiosks and book
stores.

If you want to get a better view of Finnish Disney comics (past and
present) a second hand book store would be good place to visit.
Kulku-Katin poika (Läntinen Brahenkatu 12) is said to be the best
in Helsinki.

There are also some actual comic stores in Helsinki (like The
Good Fellows), but I have no experience about them.