Moby Duck, Mad Madam Mim and others

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Mon Jun 30 20:23:39 CEST 2003

Rich Bellacera rambled:

> Like Daniel, I am also a fan of Mad Madam Mim.  While I can't speak
> for all of her story presentations, I liked the ones I saw which
> presented her and Magica as Castle-mates.

Argh! In my opinion, most of those stories are awful. Several funny
moments, but on the whole, they leave me with the questions: "Why would
Magica and Mim want to live with each other? Why would either want to
live in a run-down castle? And why would Mim be interested in stealing
Scrooge's Dime?"

The answer, of course, is that Mim and Magica are both portrayed
horribly out of character. Argh!

> I'm not sure how much [Madam Mim] interacts with Ducks or Mouses these
> days.

At Egmont, she currently appears on her own, without other Duckburg
characters. The Dutch haven't used her lately with other Duckburg
characters either, but they (and Egmont) once in awhile reprint older
stories where they're together.

> Moby was probably not used as best as he could be all the time, but he
> (and to a lesser extent, Dim-Witty) might still find some usefulness
> in modern Duck society.

Agreed. Moby has *lots* of potential! And Dim-Witty has some potential,
too.

> Other characters I miss include Clara Cluck, Launchpad & Webby,
> Gizmoduck, Eega Beeva,

Eega Beeva appears in Danish Mickey Mouse stories from time to time.

> Fifi, Tanglefoot, Butch (the bulldog), Bruto, Melody, Panchito,
> Humphrey the Bear, Percy & Patricia,

You miss Percy and Patricia Pig(g)?! Exactly which characteristic of
theirs is it you want to see more of, Rich?   :-)

Lars