Other US Pocket Books?

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 21:43:46 CET 2003

In a message dated 3/17/2003 3:39:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
John.Crocker at dvn.com writes:

> I looked at these scans and I personally thought that everything looked
> quite fine, guess I have gotten used to that type of format through other
> comics and such.

What other (non-manga) comics are available in this "pocket" format in
America, if any? I don't think I've seen any, but are there any out there?
I'd like to give some non-Disney ones a try before the Disney ones launch,
just to see how the artists stack up when dealing with the format.

I only ask this because it seems that the "pocket" format seems extremely
precise, in that it seems to only work with specific art styles. I mean, I'm
a big fan of "Asterix," which looks really nice in the album format. I can't
imagine "Asterix" being printed at a "pocket" size.
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin