Van Horn's Work for Gemstone?

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 02:12:35 CET 2003

In a message dated 3/18/2003 6:44:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JALustig at aol.com writes:

> Bill Van Horn is definitely still working for Egmont and, in fact, has done
> several covers for the new Gemstone line of Disney comics.

Do you know if he'll be writing/drawing stories for Gemstone exclusively in
the future? I remember really enjoying his DuckTales stories from the first
run of Gladstone comics, so it would be great to see some more short
adventure stories, as opposed to the short strictly-humorous ones.

What I liked about his adventure stories was that they had the same "feel" as
the strictly-comedic ones; they just took place in other locations than
Duckburg. Barks and Rosa seem to shift between styles, depending on the style
of story, while Van Horn combined everything into one.

Of course, that didn't always work...

Still, it would be great if Van Horn were to work for Gemstone exclusively!
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin