AW: International Politics

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Fri Mar 21 09:50:08 CET 2003

Fabio Blanco wrote:
> I know who Hitler was: a guy who did say respect pacts
> and later invade countries. Most americans support Bush,
> most Nazis did support Hitler...

> (Anyone who believes Bush is as bad and worse than Hitler is
> ... umm... well let's just say he's mistaken, in my civilized
> opinion of course.)

Coming from Germany I want to add: The comparison is completely wrong.
Hitler was vegetarian. So was Ghandi. Hitler enjoyed the Mickey Mouse
Cartoons. So do I. But Hitler was a mass-murderer who seduced a whole
country to follow his personal madness, set fire to a continent and
tried to wipe out entire populations. As much as one may disagree (and I
do) with George W. Bush, his motivations and his politics, there is no
parallel to Hitler.

> But as Cord states, and I agree, fruitful communication between
> opposing groups on this issue is really not possible.

Which is very sad indeed. For how can we expect our countries' leaders
to cooperate when we cannot? So what is the lesson? Should we stop
trying? I really don't know...

Cord

P.S.: Please notice that I tried to make this message at least slightly
on-topic. If you are further interested in Disney films during the
"Third Reich" I want to recommend the book "Wie Micky unter die Nazis
fiel" by Carsten Laqua (sorry, no English translation)