International Politics

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Fri Mar 21 11:13:39 CET 2003

SIGVALD

>Is it thus possible to love Disney-comics and still be an
>"anti-american"?

"Anti-american" is the definition american *government* gives
to anybody disagreeing with them.

Disney comics have nothing to do with the american *government*

DAN

>I'm deeply ashamed of my country...

You shouldn't be. I'm certainly NOT ashamed of being italian
because we currently have a fascist government which I NEVER
supported.

>... and my government today

Indeed, that's the point. A good half of Italy is currently
covered with rainbow-colored flags, but our government doesn't
care... it's all a communist plot, they say (they always say
that).

In the end, I'm afraid the positions of those believing the
senseless killing of innocents can never be an answer, and
those ready to justify the use of violence for political/
economical purposes will remain irreconcilable.

We've still a long way before we can call ourselves civilized
without blushing... and I mean the human race, not any
specific nationality...

Will we remember all this next time we're called to vote ?

I hope so but, to answer another remark, who writes the history
books ? They have a nasty tendency of being adapted to current
political "needs", and thus being of very little use for actually
teaching anything meaningful to the new generations...

Definitely no cheers...

Eta Beta