Duos in Disney comics

David Gerstein ramapith at mail.dk
Sun May 4 19:31:06 CEST 2003

    Sigvald,

>This reminds me of many duos outside Disney Comics
>like Gochinny & Uderzo (Asterix), Morris & Gochinny (Lucky Luke) and
>Charlier & Giraud (Blueberry). However I am not sure if there exist similar
>"duos" within Disney Comics?

    Yes, there do. A few that I think of are:

    Bill Walsh (writer) and Manuel Gonzales (artist): about twenty years of
great Mickey Mouse Sunday pages, starting in the early 1940s. Invented
Ellsworth and created an entire genre of Goofy gags, where Goofy naively
stumbles into strange, paranormal situations that can only happen to him.

    Dick Kinney (writer) and Al Hubbard (artist): working for the Studio
Program in the 1960s, they invented the original, good versions of Fethry
and Hard Haid Moe. Their stories have a wild, almost radio-show type of
verbal humor going on.

    Fred Milton and Daan Jippes were a sort of duo for a long time, but both
did some drawing and both did some writing on their team-ups. Together they
tended to do Donald 10-pagers in the classical Carl Barks style.

    David Gerstein