Geographic inaccuracies found in DD&Co

Claus Ola Margon Håvik claus at netcom.no
Mon May 5 23:18:05 CEST 2003

On Monday 05 May 2003 23:43, Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:
> Stefan Persson wrote:
> >> What says that both Duckburg and
> >> Långtbortistan are on the same planet? ;-)

We always see Donald going there by foot or car never by spaceship as far as I
can remember. On the other hand he is going in the direction that sign is
pointing, but how often does he actually state he is going to go all the way.

> 1) In Norwegian there is both "Langtvekkistan" and "Langtbortistan" so I
> won't say know if your "Långtbortistan" is the same as our
> "Langtvekkistan". Another such name is "Bortvekkistan".

But are they different places, not just different names for the same place.

> 3) Donald and other Duckburgians NEVER goes to "Langtvekkistan" by a
> space-rocket - how could they afford that?

They will just ask Gyro to make one.
Constructions for use in space travels does seem to be something everyone can
make though.

Claus