velikaya pyatnitsa [re happy Wendseday; rather OT]

Lunnan & Hjort brit.lunnan at chello.no
Thu May 8 12:32:34 CEST 2003

I know it's May 5 in Holland, sometimes with a minute of silence etc.
It's May 7 in some countries, May 8 in Norway (my house's flag is up),
and "den' pobedy", Victory Day, is May 9 in Russia. I suppose
end-of-war-day isn't properly marked in Germany as such.
Nils

Harry:
<<I didn't know that. Apparently we Dutch are part of the other 43%.
Our "liberation-from-war day" is on May 5th (the day in 1945 that
the Germans signed the handover of the Netherlands to the allies,
in Wageningen). >>