eggs or wombs?

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri May 9 03:28:53 CEST 2003

Lunnan & Hjort <brit.lunnan at chello.no> wrote:

> I wish to point out another easy Barksian
> reference of some relevance: The (quite
> artistic) sign given by the Pygmy Indians
> (Uncle Scrooge #18, 1957, pages 6-7) consisting
> of an arrow pointing to ... an egg (freshly
> laid, as Donald discovers). According to the
> JW's Guide Book, this Indian sign means "go
> back where you came from".

I remember this, *but* I have always read it as
a sign from the Pygmy Indians they they should go back to their own country,
back to Calisota and Duckburg. This asumption is based upon the following
considerations:

a) We have to assume that that specific Indian sign is a universal one -
also valid as a sign to humans. AFAIK there is nowhere in that story stated
that it was a sign meant for Ducks only.

b) The sign would IMO only be meaningful if it means that $crooge & Co
should leave the country of the Pygmy Indians and return to Duckburg.

Sigvald :-)