Multiple Duckburg-Universes

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Tue May 13 18:43:12 CEST 2003

OLAF:

> Well, most Duck stories can certainly NOT be in the real world, as
> they have a city called "Duckburg" that certainly does not exist in
> the real world...

"This is not *entirely* correct". In Aalborg (the city I live in), there
is a large area officially called "Andeby". I believe it's pretty close
to where Thomas Pryds Lauritsen lives actually...

> Sigvald, do you _really_ think that children have the same ways of
> logic as a man with your age and education? In that age, Disney comics
> aren't a historical masterpiece - they are FUN. Donald IS a Duck, so
> of course he can fly.

"This is not *entirely* correct". In Carpi/Gatto's "Paperino e la giubba
spaziale" (I TL  548-A) from 1966 Donald actually tries to fly (on his
own) in the end of the story and fails to do so. See a scan here:

http://raptus.dk/tmp/icanfly.jpg

The text goes:

US: Well?! What are you waiting for?
DD: I can't take off, must have eaten too much.

Anyway, my point is only, that one can "prove" just about anything
depending on which story is picked.

Best,
Søren