Gemstone subscriptions???

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri May 16 09:19:20 CEST 2003

Yesterday I received a surprise package from a friend in the US,
containing the "Maharajah Donald" issue. (Oh, rapture! Oh, joy!)

Inside, there was an ad page about forthcoming titles, which at the end
contained a subscription coupon for those who cannot get the comic books
at comic book stores.

This would indicate that Gemstone is offering subscriptions from day one.
I am tempted to just write Gemstone and order everything mentioned in
that page, sight unseen, but it would be nice if Gary could forward
these questions to their subscriptions person and post his reply.
I am sure it will be of interest to more than myself.

* Is Gemstone offering subscriptions from day one, despite what Gary said
  in his April 1st posting, which I hope was an April fools' day gag?
* If so, what are the subscription prices for orders from outside the US
  (Europe in particular)? The coupon only gives one price, and in the
  case of WDC&S and U$ it is rather obviously wrong, as it is 12 times
  the price of the Donald Duck Adventures book and not 12 times 6.95).
* What about the Donald Duck Adventures book, which was not mentioned
  in the coupon? Should one order just the one issue, until you decide
  to make it a regular title, or do you offer subscriptions for that, as
  well? In either case, what is the price for ordering from outsde the US?
* Assuming that the answer to all the above is "yes, you can order
  everything for such an amount", is there something that people with
  Gladstone subscriptions should do to ensure that all the money we
  send go towards extending our subscriptions, instead of getting some
  double copies, one from the old subscription and one from the new?

Thanks,

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Keep calm, Sarah!  Whatever you do... Oh!  You *are* calm!"
-----