Flatypus

David Gerstein ramapith at mail.dk
Fri May 16 14:42:33 CEST 2003

>I DO! David and I created the character of Flatypus the Platypus when we were
>12 or 13 years old. It was based on a ridiculous-looking hand puppet we bought
>on one of our famous "Stupidity Trips"

    Famous?! I thought nobody noticed us. (Er, I HOPE nobody noticed us!!)

    Yes... as junior high school students, Dan and I bought a mangy
collection of puppets, planning to produce and sell puppet films for kids.
We only ever made one such film and sold one copy of it (a stunning Super 8
silent!), but the puppets led to homemade comics which we drew for quite a
while.
    Mine were titled Soft Comics. Despite the name and the pledge (inside
the front cover) that the stories were wholesome, I tried to end as many as
possible with one character furiously chasing another into the sunset.

    David