What about a book with stories by Scandinavian creators?

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sun May 18 19:35:03 CEST 2003

Gerstein, David <DGE at ECN.egmont.com> wrote:

>> I am just thinking that there are several good
>> Scandinavian Disney-story creators out there -
>> like Gorm Transgaard (DK), Olaf Solstrand (N)
>> and I guess many more
>
> You "guess"? To name the most obvious, Lars
> Jensen (DK) is right here on this list!

Yes, and he seems to be a very clever and nice person.

>> I hope such a book can be done, but the Editors
>> should then be very careful and have in mind
>> that Freddy Milton may be an American just
>> living in Denmark
>
> Freddy Milton was born in Viborg, Jutland...
> that is to say, Denmark! Sigvald... Where did
> your rumor originate?

No rumor. It was just a "qualified guess" based upon several facts:
1) Egmont's hedquarters are in Copenhagen so many Americans as yourself and
Byron is working there.
2) To be honest "Freddy Milton" sounds more American that Danish as typical
Danish male-names are:
Anders, Christian, Fredrik, Gorm, Hans, Jens, Knud, Mogens, Niels, Paul,
Soeren, Thomas, Valdemar, etc.
And Danish familynames often ends with -sen, -rup, -gaard or -baek.

But as long as Freddy has grown up in Denmark there is no reason not to
include him in such a book.

Anyway, I am ready to learn more abot this topic and would be happy if
anyone here would present a list to DCML over earlier and present
Scandinavian creators of Duck- and/or Mouse-stories.

Sigvald :-)