What about a book with stories by Scandinavian creators?

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Sun May 18 19:02:28 CEST 2003

Sigvald:
> Anyway, I am ready to learn more abot this topic and would be happy if
> anyone here would present a list to DCML over earlier and present
> Scandinavian creators of Duck- and/or Mouse-stories.

This is neither a COMPLETE list, or a list put together by a QUALIFIED
person. But I was asked to sumb them up some time ago in a discussion board,
as we were discussing who was the best Nordic writer or artist. Anyhow, this
is the list I came up with then (slightly edited - I remove a Finn and add
Freddy Milton):

-- Flemming Andersen (Denmark)
-- Rasmus Nybo Andersen (Denmark?)
-- Per-Erik Hedman (Sweden, living in Denmark)
-- Lars Jensen (Denmark)
-- Jesper Lund Madsen (Denmark)
-- Freddy Milton (Denmark)
-- Gorm Transgaard (Denmark, living in Costa Rica)
-- Werner Wejp-Olsen (Denmark?)
-- Hakon Aasnes (Norway)

NOTES:
1) As mentioned, I'm not qualified to write such a list. I don't have access
to the personalia files of Egmont, so some people may be forgot. I also have
NO idea of nationality of most people. Some people are placed on this list
simply because I think their names sound Scandinavian (e.g. Wejp-Olsen) -
but remember, for years I thought Jan Kruse was Norwegian.
2) I have only listed authors active today. Well, with one exception - Håkon
Aasnes hasn't been writing Disney Comics for fifteen years. The reason I
mention him is that he is the only Norwegian that both wrote AND drew Disney
Comics (source: Jan Krogh, chairman of "Donaldistene") - but there were more
Norwegian Disney authors, and probably artists too, of course. I just don't
have a complete list. here. Neither do I have a list of Swedish or Danish
authors. I guess Unn and Stefan Printz-Påhlson both deserves a place on this
list (they're Swedish, aren't they?) - and so does probably hundreds of
others - but I don't have access to such a list, and writes it from my
memory, which is why I focus on writers and artists active today.

But, I'm sure a simple asking around on the list would leed to plenty more
names... I just came with those I knew of, as your list of _two_ were a
little short after my opinion.

Olaf the Blue