SV: Scandinavian Creators Book

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon May 19 05:06:14 CEST 2003

Rob Klein <bi442 at lafn.org>

> For Sigvald: I did NOT (I repeat, NOT) mean to
> imply that no one outside Scandinavia would be
> interested in stories by Scandinavian creators!!
> ...What I DO mean, is that the Scandinavian
> creators do NOT have a style that is
> distinguishable from the other Egmont writers.
> Most of the final artwork is done by the
> "Spanish Group". Therefore, the bulk of the
> market for such a book would be National
> (Scandinavian) chauvanists, and a few dcml
> members and Donaldists who know of those
> creators.

Dear Rob! Thanks for warm interest for this topic! I have indeed learned a
lot of your mails about this topic!

However I still think that if there is a market for huge expensive books
with material of pocket book quality, there is also a market for similar
books with material of weeklies-quality - it's just a matter of marketing.
As an example I bet such a book would sell well if it was presented as "Jeg,
Donald Duck II"...

Sigvald :-)