What IF Don Rosa had not been an engineer?

Klartekst info at klartekst.no
Fri May 23 23:10:10 CEST 2003

Søren, I agree with much of what you say. Too many hard facts (technical or historical) can bog down a story.

But when Don Rosa COMBINES his technical knowledge with his vivid imagination, the result can be hilarious. Here is just one example:

In "A matter of some gravity", Magica puts a spell on Scrooge and Donald so that - for them - gravity works sideways. I suppose even a non-engineer could come up with an idea like that, but could anyone BUT an engineer make so much of it? Like when the nephews use Donald to pull their wagon (he 'falls' sideways along the street), or when Scrooge and Donald ride the bus and have to stand on the inside of the front windshild - with disastrous results when the bus makes a U-turn? I think you would have to be an engineer with an analytical mind to think of these things.

It's an interesting question. Maybe other list members have more examples.

Nils from Norway