Story "D/D2001-021" based on never-produced Barks-cartoon?

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun May 25 16:23:14 CEST 2003

I don't know if I'm just repeating dusty facts, but a part of Uncle
Scrooge ten-pager "D/D 2001-021" by Daan Jippes(?) must be inspired by
a Barks plot synopsis for a never-produced 1950s Scrooge cartoon.

This plot synopsis has been published in Carl Barks Library set 4,
page 460. And also in a Carl Barks Library in Color album.

The last three or four pages of the Scrooge-story follow a part of
Barks' synopsis. This part tells about the 10.000 dollar bill and the
most expensive cheese in the world, Odora De Pungento, which is brought
from its mountain cave in an armored car, and served to the rat on a
velvet cushion accompanied by a flourish for trumpets. This costs
Scrooge 10.000 dollar and ONE CENT, more than destroying a 10.000
dollar bill, so Scrooge gets berserk at the rat.

This is too similar to be a coincidende. But maybe I'm telling
something that's already mentioned in the story's credits?

--- Daniël

"Well, back into the barrel with the FLEAS!"

(Which Barks story?)