Lots of stuffs to say/ask

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Tue May 27 20:17:49 CEST 2003

It's interesting to see that many of Barks' phrases were modified after the
original phrases in the 1950-1960s. (Thanks Rob for sharing this knowledge).
I think i'll use "ad infinitum" sometimes in my future local articles.

btw I've seen in at least 2 Marco Rota stories, in both stories' 1st panels,
Marco Rota put his name/initial in it. In a story he put "MR" as a sign
above a building. in another story, he put "Marco Rota" written upside down
in an advertisement board in the city. I cant sem to find more like that in
any of his stories that i've read.

Did he do it (putting his name/inital/sign) once in a while in his stories?
Or did he do it at a certain period of time he's active drawing? are there
any more "signatures" in his other stories?
And last time i heard (from this list if im not mistaken) that Rota has
stopped drawing disney stories, is this true or has he back to draw duck
stories?

Anita B og Erlend V Enget:
> Traveling in the UK in 1981, I found no Disney comics at all. Getting back
at a super market in 1994 while seeing some friends, the crowd looked weird
at me buying the Donald Duck weekly. Childrens' stuff it seems!

And people still sees me as weirdo who buy disney comics when i go buy some
in the shops. Just curious, but are there any country's people which finds
it normal for adult to buy and read disney comics? As it seems in most part
of the world, Disney comics is geared more towards children and resulting
most aduls/teens sees Disney comics as "childish" stuffs. I guess in certain
European countries, this sort of thing doesnt happen. Especially in Finland
(maybe?) cause Don make it big time with his kalevala duck story.

Off-topic:
When i was a child, i read collected short stories featuring animals doing
"humanisque" jobs/works.  i remembered the pictures was drawn by someone
named bevenuti (or issit benvenuti). The books are licensed from a Holland
publisher and the original holland title has something said like "101 ..." I
cant remember clearly, maybe any Dutch here can help me finding the artist's
related-website? I tried with google, and i stumbled upon weird websites and
even a meat cannery site. anyone who can help me can email me privately as
this is non-disney stuff that prolly offer no interest to the rest of the
DCMLians.

Many thanks.

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal