SV: Re: Behave!

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Tue May 27 23:59:31 CEST 2003

<rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com> wrote:

> I couldn't agree more. Instead of discussing
> comics, people are arguing about ridiculous
> stuff that happened 25 years ago (does it
> really matter that one country's names for
> Disney characters weren't printed in a book?).

>From what I can see from the rest of your posting you are coming from a
English-speaking country, right? This means that you probably haven't got a
clue about the close relation between the Scandinavian languages and thus
the reason why I as a Norwegian are interested in Disney Character's names
in my neighbouring languages. So I can only say - YES to me it really did
mattered that the Swedish names was missing in that list in that book from
1976.

> I for one am thrilled to be getting fresh
> comics for the first time in several years,
> and I look forward to discussing that material.

Off course! I guess taht everyone here are happy to see more Disney comics
in English.

> However, if this kind of petty bickering keeps
> up, that's not going to happen. At least not
> with me.

Well at least, in an international forum like this, you'll have to accept
that people from other countries may have another focus on things than you
have.

Sigvald