Comics are for children?

Klartekst info at klartekst.no
Wed May 28 22:53:44 CEST 2003

<For even though kids may buy their first magazines because of  the toys or
the funny pages or the dipshits on the cover, they keep on buying it for
decades because of the stories.>

I agree. Today, we see that many Disney writers put 'a little extra' into their stories. Stuff that is really aimed at gown-ups (or older kids). I think some of them do this of their own accord - not because the publisher asks them to.

Let me give just one example:

In W.I.T.C.H #10 the two creepy Interpol agents are having dinner with the girls. When Will asks what they do, one of them says (while struggling to open a jar) "Well, I'm a chriminal psychologist." She then hands the jar to the other agent who opens it easily (dramatic closeup of his hands!) and says: "And I take care of the other stuff."

Get it? He's the heavy. He takes care of the stuff where you need great physical strength. Like killing people, perhaps?

I love stuff like that in a comic book. But how many 12-14 year old girls do you think got that point? (All right, kids today are a lot smarter and more street wise than we were, but still...)

So I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Disney creators who happen to read this list for the extra care, effort and talent they put into the stories - above and beyond the call of the publisher. We grown-ups appreciate what you are doing.

Nils from Norway