Scrooge's Nutmeg Tea Addiction: The Unofficial Explanation

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 02:41:38 CET 2003

Madame82 wrote:

> ~~~~~~ Nutmeg WARNING page; READ:
> http://www.personalhealthzone.com/herbal_medicine/side_effects/nutmeg_side_ef
> fects.html
>
> I'm sorry if this is too off topic!

Interesting! I was never much of a tea fan, but I should try a batch of
nutmeg tea just to experience its plethora of potentially damaging side effects.
Maybe it explains a lot of Scrooge's behavior and/or money-related neurosis?

According to the mentioned Web site:

"Taking too much nutmeg can cause hallucinations."

It's official: All that money ISN'T REALLY THERE.

"High dosage can cause bizarre behavior and visual, auditory, and tactile
hallucinations along with nausea, gagging, hot/cold sensations, and blurred
vision followed by numbness, double, and 'triple' vision, headache, and
drowsiness."

That would explain the large batch of "mischaracterized" Scrooge incidents in
"DuckTales."

"An overdose of nutmeg can be fatal."

The REAL reason a "Death of Scrooge" story will never see print!

"High dosage can cause bizarre behavior and visual, auditory, and tactile
hallucinations along with nausea, gagging, hot/cold sensations, and blurred
vision followed by numbness, double, and 'triple' vision, headache, and
drowsiness."

Ye cats and little kittens!

"Nutmeg contains several compounds with structural similarities to substances
with known central nervous system neuromodulatory activity."

Ah-HA!

"A case of acute anticholinergic hyperstimulation in a pregnant woman was
associated with excessive ingestion of nutmeg."

Does nutmeg-addiction run in the family? Does this have "HDL explanation"
written all over it?

> ~*OchaGirl*~

Ocha wa dame desu-yo! <== Most likely horribly wrong.

Please don't hate me for this ultimately pointless addition to DCML.
--
Dane