Vol 9, Issue 6 - article

Anders Christian Sivebæk anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Tue Nov 4 15:54:11 CET 2003

Hi all

Niels:

>Starting 1 November, the Danish give-away newspaper "MetroXpress"
>publishes
>a daily Donald Duck strip.
>It looks as if they've started with the strip from 6 May 1957 and are
>going
>to continue chronologically.
>On the opening day, they also ran an article about the duck's history and
>personality (and mentioning Carl Barks, Al Taliaferro, Tony Strobl, Freddy
>Milton and Flemming Andersen).
Thanks for this bit of information, Niels - maybe you could grap a couple
of
extra copies one day if you pass a place with a stack of the paper?

Sigvald:

>Assuming you have listed all the mentioned creators I must say that it
>gives
>me an *impression* of Danish chauvinism (the mentioning of Milton and
>Andersen) combined with a clear lack of respect for great modern
>non-Danish
>creators like Don Rosa, William Van Horn, Marco Rota and others.

I would say: it gives *you* an impression - You nor i have read the
article.
A journalist maybe writing about a subject who isn't in his own field of
interest,
might chose those writers, and add two danish ones that are known here.
The ones chosen are the ones known. Yes, don Rosa is known too, but he's
new.
He wouldn't be mentioned in connection with an article introducing to news
paper
strips from 1957 - thinking about it, who made the manuscripts after that
year?
should he be mentioned? Was it Osborne?
I'm glad they actually printed an article about the ducks in connection
with this.

Niels, could you scan the article - or maybe bring it for the xmasmeeting
in DDF(R) -
if you're coming. (All members of the club here - welcome)

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist