Best DuckTales Episodes!

Matthew Williams kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Sun Nov 9 17:31:54 CET 2003

On Thursday, Maciek wrote:

>If you ask me the best episode was "Send in the Clones" and "Till Nephews
Do Us Part."

I can't let a potential DuckTales discussion just drift away!  My favorite
episodes are the Donald ones!  I LOVE "Sphinx for the Memories"!  It still
really creeps me out!  Donald's being possessed really pushes the envelope,
and I love it!

All three of the five-parters are very dear to me as well.  While I am
mostly unhappy with the later episodes, I love the Gizmoduck and Bubba
origins.  While I love the Bubba serial, I am still amused by how lame the
general idea of Bubba is.  There is some degree of ludicrousness that I can
accept and love in the duck world, but whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scrooge's adopting
a little cave duck is a bit much.

"Send in the Clones" is a good one (it was the first one I watched, and it
hooked me).  I honestly don't care much for "Till Nephews Do Us Part,"
though.  I guess I just don't buy Scrooge in it.  I love The Parent Trap
homage, though!  The ASAP running gag is good too!

Incidentally, on Saturday morning I popped a six hour tape full of episodes
in the VCR.  My little boy and I watched for a couple of hours, and we had a
ball!  "Duckman of Aquatraz" really struck me.  Scrooge's character seems
really off (he's such a nice guy), but I love the character of Mad Dog
McGurk!  I did feel myself affected somewhat by the sentiment.
Additionally, we watched a few of the Barks adaptations including "Robot
Robbers" and "The Lost Crown of Genghis Khan."  While I like both episodes,
I am amazed that NOTHING of Barks remains!

Matt (Who is always glad to ramble on about the seminal event of his
childhood)