DuckTales opinions

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 03:32:10 CET 2003

Matthew wrote:
> I can't let a potential DuckTales discussion just drift away!
> My favorite
> episodes are the Donald ones!  I LOVE "Sphinx for the
> Memories"!  It still
> really creeps me out!  Donald's being possessed really pushes
> the envelope,
> and I love it!

That episode always creeped me out when I was little, too!
Especially the floaty spirit thingies at the end.  *shiver*  ;)

> While I love the Bubba serial, I am still amused by
> how lame the
> general idea of Bubba is.  There is some degree of
> ludicrousness that I can
> accept and love in the duck world, but whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Scrooge's adopting
> a little cave duck is a bit much.

LOL!  I wholeheartedly agree.  The multi-part origin intro was a
fun romp, but they should have sent home to his own time at the
end and let it be.

> "Send in the Clones" is a good one (it was the first one I
> watched, and it
> hooked me).

It was the first one I saw, too.  It's a good one, although
since it was my first experience with the DuckTales universe, I
was jarred by the Beagles' individuality, Magica's distinctly
non-Italian accent, and Mrs. Beakly's presence.  ;)

> I honestly don't care much for "Till Nephews Do
> Us Part,"
> though.  I guess I just don't buy Scrooge in it.

You mean you don't think Scrooge can be giddy, head-over-heels
in love?  ;)

(Not that disagree.  As Goldie will be the first to attest, he's
the hard-to-get type.)  ;)

> Additionally, we watched a few of the Barks adaptations
> including "Robot
> Robbers" and "The Lost Crown of Genghis Khan."  While I like
> both episodes,
> I am amazed that NOTHING of Barks remains!

Not to mention their version of "Land Beneath the Ground."  It
was fun, but Barks did it SOOOO much better.  That super-cute
little boy Terry (or Fermy?) was just too much "cute-ification"
for me.

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/