The Later DuckTales

Matthew Williams kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Thu Nov 20 21:16:48 CET 2003

I don't know if I would describe the animation in the later episodes as
worse as much as I would different.  I definitely think the earlier episodes
are superior by and far.  "The Bride Wore Stripes" is, in my opinion, the
poorest episode out of all of them.  The injustice and ludicrousness of the
plot is just too much for me!  I really don't care much for 'Beaglemania"
either.  Most of those late episodes do lack heart.  I like "The Golden
Goose" too.  I find the character of Dijon really appealing!  The metal
mites episode is mostly a good one, I think.  There is this one really cheap
animation moment in it though where Dijon doesn't move for what seems like
forever.  I like the Time Is Money" five-parter, but the character of Bubba
is sort of...well, dumb.  I like Fenton Crackshell, but the whole Gizmo Duck
thing doesn't appeal much to me.  "The Duck Who Knew Too Much" is one of my
favorites!  Definitely the last thirty-five episodes get further and further
from Barks and the charm of the first season.  I don't think the people
behind the later episodes really understood what made the show good in the
first season.

More Donald and Helper would have been good!

Matt

Maciek wrote:

> You men the very first episodes? For exempel mach "Dr Jekyle and
Mr.Mcduck"
> with "Sir Gyro the Gearloose". And as you can see how much evry thing is
> difrent. For othere exempel the animation in the socond sesson is much
worst
> and I thing they chench the guy whou routh the script and artist's. It
relly
> sems theat the guy whou  "Duck Tales" lost oll the hart in there cartoon.
> There were some good episode : "Golden Gusse" and "Duchy moutain hay". In
> thous two we have good animacion and plot. But for exempel I just don't
like
> some second sesson episodes like "My mother is psichic" ore "The bride
wore
> strips" (sorry if I routh episode name wrong). I like Gizmoduck five
> episodes serie exept the last one (Money To Burn). In thous episodes they
> finally show oll seven Beagles Boy's together  + one new Megabait (*). How
> ever in the last part oll this story with robot's from space wich stolen
the
> Money Bin is just boring. Sorry if sombody have difret opinion but I Think
> sow. And In the Second sesson they 100% Ignor Donald whou made obaut 8
> aperences in the first sesson and deserf to aperd in adlese one second
> sesson episode (but he didn't)
>
> And by the way : to bad theat Gyro Litlle Helper didn't apert in Duck
Tales