Best Ducktales Episodes

jadorno@jjay.cuny.edu jadorno at jjay.cuny.edu
Sun Nov 23 20:34:10 CET 2003

I'd say I like them all, but
these are the ones that I'd watch over and over:

1) The Masked Mallard - Scrooge as a costumed
superhero is a hoot, plus it's one of the few
times that he's saved the day by HIMSELF. Gizmo-
duck looks like a darn fool to me ever since I
first saw this one.

2) Duck to the Future - Probably for the same
reason as the one above in that Scrooge is at
center, and I love how the final fight with
Magica plays out at the end.

3) Launchpad's First Crash - An exciting adventure
with Scrooge and Launchpad, plus it's the story
of how they met.

4) Til' Nephews Do Us Part - I loved how they got
ALL the characters from season one to make cameos.
It's also a well done "comedy" episode.

5) Dime enough for luck - My introduction to
Gladstone Gander is also a great Magica vs.
Scrooge confrontation.

6) Raiders of The Lost Harp
7) Magica's Shadow War
8) Send in the Clones
9) Magica's Magic Mirror
10) The Unbreakable Bin
- Magica De Spell was a lot of fun. Too bad she
was ignored in the second season.

11) Attack of the Metal Mites - An episode I
liked from what I refer to as "Season 3." Since
it features Dijon the pickpocket, who I find
annoying. I liked Gyro's Gum Chewing machine -
a very "Barksian" approach to the problem of
metal-eatinf insects.

12) Ducky Horror Picture Show
13) Hotel Strangeduck
14) Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. McDuck
- these are great episodes to watch around
Halloween.

15) Treasure of the Golden Suns - the 5-part
"pilot" is excellant.
16) Spies in their eyes
17) All Ducks on Deck
- My favorites among the Donald Duck episodes.
In hindsight, I wonder if Gizmoduck was inspired
by Donald's Superhero disguise Phantom Duck?