Don Rosa Calendar

Mark A. Semich mas at nic.nu
Mon Oct 6 20:40:56 CEST 2003

At 12:01 AM 10/4/2003 +0200, Katie Sullivan wrote:
>Don Rosa wrote:
> > The illustrations used in those calendars were lifted from
> > PICSOU magazine
> > where I had done them as "pin-ups". I recently learned that
> > the French
> > PICSOU editor did not even know that this had been done! But
> > yes, Gemstone
> > can also use those pin-ups (with the lovely French coloring)
> > at cost of
> > copies from France.
>
>Are we talking about the Christmas calendar images I've seen
>scanned online?  Where a different character is featured on each
>day, including somewhat more obscure ones like Jose Carioca and
>yes, my favorite, Goldie?  I'd love to have that published in
>America!

I was actually asking Don about the pictures used in the European-only 2003
Don Rosa Duck Calendar.  The pictures aren't of different characters, but
rather, are of different stories.  Each month features one big splash
picture, by Don, illustrating scene(s) from a particular Don Rosa or Carl
Barks tale.  Living in the United States, I had to order it over the
internet from a shop somewhere in northern Europe.  I don't have the URL
handy, but I got it from this list.

- M