Moby Duck, Dimwitty, and Porpy The Porpoise

Jonathan H. Gray jongraywb at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:46:06 CEST 2003

This question has bothered me for SO LONG because back when I collected
Disney comics AVIDLY and I never knew about the message lists and such, I
came across Gold Key back issues of these books and had NO EARTHLY CLUE who
or what Moby Duck and his "crew" was. :P

Needless to say I didnt buy the books (cause I was kinda revolted by the
shoddy artwork and haphazard stories -__-) but who in the world were they
supposed to be, where and when did they debut, and who thought that they
were popular enough to carry thier own book? I guess they were maybe
semi-popular characters during the late Gold Key Era? Were they ever used
overseas? Anybody have any info on these 3 characters? Its obvious that at
least Donald and the kids know of him somehow in the story I saw, and
perhaps - only Moby is an old relation creted by who knows what? (I didnt
know what to make of that Dimwitty Duck creature cause it sure as heck was
no Duck i'd ever seen...) ^^;;

Jonathan H. Gray