fair use of Don Rosa's drawings ;-)

Marco Barlotti marcobar at ds.unifi.it
Thu Oct 9 18:34:14 CEST 2003

At 01:26:17 08/10/2003 -0400, Don Rosa <donrosa at iglou.com> wrote:

>I stopped doing the
>lavish full-color drawings that I used to do for folks at American comic
>shows for $30-$40 each... when I started with eBay I saw that some of them
>were being immediately put on there and fetching the phony fans who bought
>them $400-$700 each! I can't let people use me like that!

Don is right, of course. I am very proud of the two drawings he made for
me, and I even made a T-shirt out of one! A really unique piece, look:

http://www.cce.unifi.it/~marcobar/DCML/Rosa_T_shirt.jpg

Now that you made me think of it... How much would that sell for, on eBay...?

(Just joking of course... and besides:
(1) offering a Disney T-shirt for sale would get Disney Corporation after
me in 30 seconds, and
(2) probably NOBODY would buy a Disney T-shirt with a math theme...)

Jokes apart, I just wanted to get another chance to say "thanks" to Don for
this really beautiful drawing!

     Marco

http://www.cce.unifi.it/~marcobar/Comics