Where does Scrooge sleep? / Barks' Junior Woodchucks stories

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Fri Oct 10 10:20:14 CEST 2003

Frank Bubacz wrote:

> If people didn't know that [certain Junior Woodchuck stories] are
> based on Barks' scripts/storyboards, I'm sure nobody would care about
> them and they would have long been forgotten.

Actually, I clearly remember reading "Let Sleeping Bones Lie" and
"Bottled Battlers" back in the 1970s and being impressed by the stories,
even though I didn't know at the time who wrote them. In fact, Barks' JW
stories made a sufficiently large impression on readers back then that
these tales got a mention in Jon Gisle's Donaldism book, even though
Gisle didn't know Barks was the writer.

Lars