Arie and Katie: my Rosa T-shirt

Marco Barlotti marcobar at ds.unifi.it
Sat Oct 11 15:29:37 CEST 2003

Arie Fachrisal:

>btw did you yourself scan the pic and print it on the special paper then
>"ironize" (sorry, dont know the exact word) it to a blank tee-shirt? or did
>you use a 3rd party service to get that?

It was an easy task. I made a colour xerox copy of the drawing (in fact I
made TWO copies, one is framed in my room at the University...). Then I
used the xerox copy to get the T-shirt made from a dedicated service (they
usually do them from photographs, but they told me a color xerox copy was
all right too).
Unfortunately the T-shirt is made out of lousy material, and I'm afraid I
won't be able to wear it for more than three-four times.
But I can make an unlimited number of T-shirts, because they gave me back
that xerox copy!    ;-)

Katie:

>Oh, that math drawing belongs to you?  Cool.  I printed it off
>the Internet back in High School to be the cover for my Algebra
>binder/notebook!  ;-D  LOL!

Well, it is "officially" (er, until Disney finds out, of course) the logo
for the cover of my notes written for my students at the university!
And prof. Nils Lid Hjort once asked me and Don permission to use that
drawing in a short publication inviting young students to take Mathematics
at the University of Oslo... I don't know however if it was really used (he
promised to send me a copy but I never received anything, so I suspect
something didn't work out as planned...)

For those who wanto to download a full-size scan of Don's beautiful
drawing, here is the URL:

http://www.cce.unifi.it/~marcobar/images/Logo.jpg

     Marco