Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Kari Korhonen: smarties that deserve recognition!

Matthew Williams kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Sun Oct 12 15:44:26 CEST 2003

I just wanted to put my two cents in, and second the praise for Kari
Korhonen!  I thoroughly enjoyed "Sons of the Moon."  It was something
different, and I like it very much.  I love the art, but I especially like
the characterization of Louie.  Korhonen really gives the little duck
charisma and personality.  I think the dialogue is quite well done--very
funny in spots!  I love the whole "He calls his henchman "goons"?" aside!
Did Korhonen write the English script himself?

Kari Korhonen really hits a happy medium in the story that I like.  Many
duck stories completely throw out the fact that the nephews are children.
They're top notch kids, but they are still kids after all.  While Korhonen
shows how intelligent and resourceful the boys are, he still has them
fighting as kids actually do.  I like that a great deal.  I think the
nephews can easily become exemplars in some stories and lose a great deal of
characterization.

Anyway that's my two cents!

Matthew A. Williams