Fecchi's bad style

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sun Oct 12 19:52:12 CEST 2003

Hi all!

Please forgive me for the a little negative sounding title of this message.
Hopefully you will understand my point after reading this mail. I am
referring to the story D 2002-137 "Avalons duggdråpe" which is drawn by a
person (most probably an Italian) named Fecchi. Seen isolated this person's
drawings are OK, but the way they are arranged on each page IMO make stories
drawn by this person look awful in any Disney-magazine. This is because the
panels are not arranged properly as in most Disney comics. In stead the
panels seems to be randomly arranged and sometimes with parts of one panel
covering another panel – just like in modern super-hero comics. Maybe this
person thinks that using such a modern style is cool, well I don't think so
at all. Still most stories published in the "Donald Pocket" books look
normal, and I hope they will look so in the future to. If this IMO lousy
Fecchi-style ever becomes the normal look of the stories in the "Donald
Pocket" books Egmont will loose me as a reader of those books, that's for
sure!

Sigvald