Disney Manga(s) again

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Wed Oct 15 00:50:21 CEST 2003

Just the lame question from the stupid Norwegian knowing really nothing about
manga: Is there a hugee difference between the Italian WITCH and the Japanese
WITCH?

Disney being Disney, I have an obnoxious feeling that manga WITCH will not be
printed in Norway... Aw, I'm getting very close to the point where I'm willing
to learn Japanese now. (Whew, that's not bad concidering I read my first manga
ever YESTERDAY.)

Out of pure curiosity; does anyone know what the sales figures of Disney mangas
in Japan is, and how well this is compared to other manga(s)?

Best,

Olaf the Blue

<OFF-TOPIC>

This week a new monthly magazine came out in Norway, "Manga Mania". If I
understand the advertising correctly, this is the first time in history that
manga is printed in Norwegian. The magazine contains the manga(s) "Love
Hina", "GTO", "Blade of Immortal" and "Chobits" - and, just like all other
comics from the big publishers *), "Manga Mania" is available in every local
grocery store.

*) "Manga Mania" is published by Bladkompaniet, the second-biggest comic
publisher in Norway and Egmont's worst enemy, which are also publishing - among
other comics - the "Pondus" magazine, Norway's second biggest comic (following
Donald Duck & Co.) and the Norwegian "Rocky" magazine ("Rocky" being the comic
by Swedish Martin Kellerman). So, this is NOT a young and experiencing
publisher selling manga to please a few selected people - this is one of the
big boys in the class!

.which is the reason why _I'm_ suddenly so interested in manga. It's suddenly
very, very available.

</OFF-TOPIC>