Cameo appearance by Donald's old customer

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Sun Oct 19 12:51:07 CEST 2003

LARRY:

> Three days ago I bought my copy of Gemstone's DD & Friends #308. In
> my area it indeed arrived about 3 weeks later than MM & Friends. The
> story DD "Hole in One" has a cameo appearance in panels 1 & 2, page
> 4, of the reclusive loner Donald persuaded to buy an eggbeater in
> "Salesman Donald" WDC&S #39, Dec. 1943. It seems he's moved to a cave
> on Demontooth Mtn. to avoid the high-pressure door-to-door salesmen
> in Duckburg suburbs.

I just checked the story D 97175 ("Hole In One") and to me he just looks
like any long-bearded cave man and has no connection to the customer
from 1943.

D 97175 is written by Dave Rawson who is(?) on this mailing-list, so
perhaps he can enlighten us.

If you indeed are right, I'll make a reference from D 97175 to the old
story.

Best,
Søren