Birthdays

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri Oct 24 12:15:42 CEST 2003

LARS:

> Could somebody
> choose, say, April 20th, 1947? I suppose so. As stated in an earlier
> posting, an arbitrarily chosen date such as this would make little sense
> since it is utterly irrelevant to our Human universe and would only make
> Disney fans scratch their heads in bewilderment.

I bet Don is poring over his reference books right now, discovering all sorts
of amazing events that happened on that day, and devising a unique way of
tying them all together that relies on Donald's birthday being on that day!

Just to add to the confusion (my brain already hurts), here's another argument
against Donald's birthday being on the day that "The Wise Little Hen" was
released. The film did not come out of nowhere. Most likely, it started as a
story idea created during a brainstorming session. At some point, someone
would ask:

"And how should we call the duck? It should probably be something beginning
with D".
"Daniel!"
"David!"
"Donald!"
"Yeah, Donald. This has a nice ring to it!"

I would argue that this is the point of Donald's conception. Then the
discussion would go something like this:

"And how should Donald look like?"
"How about this?" (scribble scribble scribble)
"No, let's give him a longer neck." (scribble scribble scribble)
"Looks good! Now let's dress him. How about a huge bow-tie?" (scribble
scribble scribble)
"Nah, too silly! How about a sailor suit?" (scribble scribble scribble)
"Perfect!"

Now *that* would be Donald's real birthday!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
-----
"Where's a handy ventilation duct when you need one?"
-----